Apr 27, 2017

20 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 20 weeks + 6 days
Total weight gain: About 5 pounds
Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity pants with a handful of shirts sprinkled in too as I start packing away things that don't fit. My awesome (and generous) aunt took me shopping for maternity clothes the other day so I actually have pants that are comfortable all day long. I avoided maternity clothes as much as I could last pregnancy but I've fully given into their comfort this time around!
Sleep: Still having some pretty strange dreams. Also, my feet are already hot (when I'm not pregnant my feet are always cold) so this is problematic when I sleep because I have to be covered up to sleep.       
Best moment this week:  Technically it was a day before 20 weeks but we had out anatomy scan and baby Goose was looking cute as ever! I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing his sweet little face up on that screen. He was stretched out so we got a few really good profile shots and then he rolled over so we actually got everything we needed. He is also most definitely still a boy!
Worst Moment this week: I forgot to take my meds one night and spent the whole next day sick. Though the morning sickness has dwindled down to barely there, if I don't take my meds before bed every night, I pay for it the next day. I also picked up a cold which is never fun when you're pregnant.
Miss Anything? Being able to sit or lay with my legs up to my chest. I am pretty flexible so I'm used to sitting or laying however I want. This belly is starting to block me into just a few positions.
Cravings: Chocolate long johns! Most overly sweet stuff still grosses me out but I made Mark stop after church so I could get a chocolate long john because I HAD to have one.   
Symptoms: Easily over do it which results in braxton hicks or some pain in my lower abdomen. Rest and water usually take those away quickly. Goose is on the move all over lately and because he's finally getting big, his movements are very obvious from the outside now! Super fun but can also be painful at times haha.
Looking forward to: The weather warming up again so we can get outside. We've gotten used to having the windows open so we can't wait to have the fresh air again next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!