Mar 20, 2017

Week 8 Bumpdate






How far along? 8 weeks
Total weight gain: Nothing so far thankfully!
Maternity clothes? Not wearing anything yet but I did pull out all of my regular clothes that I stretched out last pregnancy. I kept a handful of them and it's nice to have some clothes that aren't so tight! I did get a maternity shirt, a maternity dress, and my first pair of maternity pants this weekend though! I think the pants will make their appearance in the next few weeks since mine are getting tight.
Sleep: Good at the moment! I've been sleeping with my bump nest pillow for a few weeks and it's really helped me sleep better. Diffusing lavender and cedarwood also knocks me out cold!
Best moment this week:  Hearing little goose's heartbeat for the first time. I have a home doppler that I bought during my last pregnancy. I knew it was super early but I started checking at 7 weeks and was getting frustrated. I finally heard that sweet thumping heart at 8 weeks and 3 days. Best sound ever!
Worst Moment this week: Hormones are kicking my butt and I've been crying at the drop of a hat. I try to hide the crazy from everyone but man, it's not easy. I know I'm being ridiculous when it happens but I can't stop myself from bawling.
Miss Anything? Coffee and chocolate. Oh, and being able to drink whatever I wanted without making myself even more sick that I already feel. I didn't intentionally give any of those things up, my body is just not tolerating them right now.
Cravings: Chocolate chip cookies and a big glass of ice water. See previous answer to know why that's a problem.
Symptoms:  Morning sickness has appeared again. I'm on meds to help and have some really good days where I feel normal (mainly in the afternoon is when I feel the best). I also have some really bad days where all we do is survive. My face is breaking out pretty bad right now thanks to the hormones. 
Looking forward to: Our first appointment in a few weeks! It always feels like the longest wait since our midwives office doesn't want us to come in until 10-12 weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!