Feb 8, 2017

Parks and Playgrounds



On Monday it reached a high of 53 degrees! In February that's almost unheard of. We jumped in the car as soon as M&M woke up from his nap and headed to the park. I was in such a hurry to get out of the house, I forgot to grab my camera! Iphone pictures it is. We didn't have much time before it got dark but it felt so nice to breathe in some fresh air that didn't sting my nose! Funny thing is (or not so funny because I'm sick of Winter) we woke up to a good amount of snow this morning. What the heck! Friday is supposed to be just as warm as Monday was though so we will just have to take the warm days where we can get them and make good use of any outdoor time we can steal at this point.

Despite what that groundhog said, I'm praying Spring will come early. The temps for next week are promising! I've got my mind on light jackets and spending an hour or two a day playing outdoors. Wishful thinking since we live in Iowa but you never know!

Since my mind has moved beyond snow, I'm going to start making a list of all the parks, playgrounds, and outdoor areas we can visit once it gets warm again. Last year we made it to quite a few parks in town we had never been to before so I'm looking to hit even more this year! We'll probably end up getting another zoo pass and maybe even a pool pass since we have an overactive toddler now. I'm hoping when we move this Summer that it will be somewhere that either has an outdoor play area close by or a fenced in yard where we can put up some play equipment. I would gladly sacrifice some indoor space to find a place to live with a safe place for Mav to play. I'm almost missing our old apartment because it had a playground literally right outside our building.

What's your favorite place to take little ones to run off energy when the weather is nice?

2 comments:

  1. He is SUCH a little cutie! :) I look forward to lots of park time with Tyler this spring/summer once he's mobile! We've talked about getting a zoo pass too which I think would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping for an early spring too! Yesterday was 66 here and today it snowed! It was such a tease!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!