Jan 10, 2017

Mornings in Bed


Lately we've taken a very relaxed approach to mornings. Maverick usually wakes up somewhere between 7:30 and 8 but he hangs out in his bed until 8, talking and dancing. I roll out of bed, scoop him up, and we run back to my bed. There we snuggle for awhile, taking our time to fully wake up. Some days books and toys make their way into the bed too. Other days we watch cartoons for a little while. There's loads of me being a human jungle gym or a horsey followed by me smothering him in as many kisses as he will tolerate. We've finally found the sweet spot where our mornings aren't rushed! I know some day in the not so distant future, school and schedules will run our lives so for now, we're slowing down while we can.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like the perfect way to start your days!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!