Oct 3, 2016

M&M's Toddler Routine

Today's post is more for my own knowledge than anyone else's. I often wish I would have written down our routines in the early days so I could look back on them when we have more kids! Our routine looked different even just a few months ago but now that M&M is 1.5 I think we've settled into this one pretty nicely. Toddlers thrive on routine so it's been helpful for him just as much to have a general order to our day. We go with the flow and most days things don't happen exactly on schedule but such is life with a toddler! I found having no plan at all left me scrambling all day to feel like we'd done something by bedtime. I try not to structure or schedule out the day too much because then I was getting overwhelmed by none of it happening when I wanted it to. Though as life changes I'm sure our schedule will too. It will be fun to look back and see how we used to spend our days just the two of us.

0800: Wake up/Get ready for the day


0830: Breakfast


0900-1000: Independent Play (Mommy does house work or workout)


1000-1200: Interactive Play/Errands/Field Trips



1200-1300: Make and eat lunch


1300-1530: Naptime (Mommy free time)


1530: Snacktime


1600-1930: Family time/Supper


1930: Bedtime Routine


2000: Lights out (Mommy and Daddy time)



What does your routine look like? How much did it change when you added another child?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!