Feb 19, 2015

Week 33 -- Jan 27-Feb 2, 2015











This week I was pretty distracted. I was thankful to have my baby shower to focus on so the last week of M being gone didn't drag on. Especially after a whole month, that last week of waiting can be brutal! (He was in California for the whole month of January due to Annual Training for the Army. Originally he was supposed to be gone much later in the year for half the time. Welcome to military life where it's hard to make plans because things will change once you do.) Then I picked up a pretty nasty cold which always sucks but was worse because everything I normally use for a cold, I'm not allowed to take during pregnancy. So I loaded up on the vitamin C, humidifier, and water all week. Of course, there was an impending snow storm the only weekend I had to go home. I lucked out because my best friend (who was throwing my baby shower) offered to drive home so I wouldn't have to worry about it! I relaxed and just enjoyed my weekend. The baby shower went off without a hitch and it was SO. MUCH. FUN. Having a best friend who is majoring in event planning is pretty convenient at a time like this ;) She put on a beautiful shower! The storm hit later that night and it really came down fast. I ended up slipping in the fresh snow but thankfully didn't fall. Catching myself did it's own damage though and I was pretty sore the next day. We decided it wasn't worth risk to go home on Sunday since it was still a blizzard out. We got up early Monday and headed back home! I was less than happy when we got back to my apartment and there were 4 foot snow drifts in front of both the front and back doors to my building. So, we doubled up on our socks and got everything carried in. Just in time for the snow removal people to show up.. We got stuff sorted out and by the time I got things put away, it was finally time to go pick M up! It felt so good to bring him home and be able to breathe a sigh of relief. Not knowing if he would be there when the baby was born had me on edge all month long! I don't know how so many ladies make it through pregnancy on their own. Having my husband gone for one month of it made me so appreciative of having him there for the rest of it! I'm so amazed by all the ladies who go through deployments during pregnancy. You ladies are rockstars!

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!