Oct 26, 2014

Week 16 - Sept 30-Oct 6, 2014



It's finally gender week! Originally I didn't want to know before M&M was born but M wanted to know. We talked about it for quite awhile and finally decided to schedule a private ultrasound to find out the gender! We had not had an ultrasound up to this point so we were just as excited to see baby for the first time. I posted on social media and the majority of guesses were boy. I filled out some wives tales that we had heard of before the appointment just for fun. Most of them pointed to girl!




I had been struggling to get enough water up to this point (I love water normally but pregnancy has changed my tastes) so I chugged a few 16 oz waters on the way to the appointment. By the time I started filling out paper work, I nearly peed my pants. The ultrasound tech looked around in the for about a minute before she told me I would have to go to the bathroom. My bladder was too full so it was making it hard on both of us to see anything! Though the appointment was only about 10 minutes long, I was thankful for the bathroom break because I don't think I would have made it all the way through. She showed us how M&M was curled up right next to my bladder just tapping on it. Baby was only using about half of the space he/she could have used, staying all tucked up into me. Baby's hands were folded behind his/her head and ankles were crossed, knees pulled almost completely up to the forehead. I ate some sugary snacks before I went but baby was too comfy and didn't want to stretch out or move much for us. The tech got some great pictures for us! Although we wish the appointment would have been longer (who wants to stop looking at their baby?) we were so happy with the place we chose!

We couldn't wait to get back home and share the gender with a few of our friends and family!

I also felt M&M kick for the first time at 16 weeks + 5 days! I always wondered if the little things here and there were kicks or movements. This time, I just knew! It was amazing and I may have teared up.

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!