Oct 29, 2014

Those Two Pink Lines






I woke up around 5:30 to get ready for work and took the test on a whim. I was only 1 day late and I felt completely normal. Surely it couldn't be positive, at least not yet. I took the test and set it on the counter. I started to get ready and remembered to check it after a bit. Were my sleepy eyes deceiving me? Were there really two lines there? I'd never had a test turn positive before! It took a few minutes to sink in that the test was positive but as it did, my smile got bigger and bigger. I snapped a picture of myself to remember exactly how I looked and felt when I found out I was pregnant! I knew I wanted to take a few more before I told M so I finished getting ready and didn't wake him for the good news. We'd been trying for several months so I wanted to be sure before I let him in on the secret!

I took two more tests at work and sure enough, they were just as positive as the first one. That's when I knew it had to be real. How could I have 3 false strong positives? (I ended up taking 3 regular tests and 3 digital tests, "just to be sure.") I started brainstorming how I wanted to tell M that he was about to be a daddy! We had a friend who was staying with us that night so I held the secret in until the next day. I had planned out a few cute ideas but I was supposed to meet one of my best friends for coffee that night and I was afraid it would slip out. He was taking off for a haircut so I panicked and ended up changing what I had planned.

Gage is notorious for finding random junk to chew on so the poor puppy got used as an excuse to surprise M. I put the tests out on the bed with shaky hands and got my phone ready to record. I told him to come and look at what Gage had chewed on. He was messing around in the other room so it took a bit of shouting to get his attention. He looked at the tests (mind you, he knows what a pregnancy test looks like) and was like "yeah, so?" I laughed and asked if he even looked at them. He bent down and as soon as he saw they were all positive, he got the biggest smile on his face.

And then there were three..

Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!