Aug 29, 2014

Rambling Before the Weekend

The days seem to be so busy that I don't have time to think, let alone sit down to write out a post. The school year has started which means my weekends will be less planned out and for that I'm thankful!

Lately I've been so focused on making it through the day (more on that news another day) so life has gotten a bit neglected. Laundry and dishes have piled up, grocery shopping has been rare, and poor Gage hasn't been getting the attention he deserves. M has been amazing, helping take care of me whenever he can, so he hasn't had much time either.

I've slowly learned that the older you get, the more your responsibilities grow. I don't hate a lot of the typical things adults complain about but I wish I could slow time down! When I get overwhelmed with the amount of things I need to do I tend to ignore them all. I've never been good at prioritizing my time and procrastinating is an easy escape. I love to plan out all the things I need to do. Checking things off my list feels even better. Yet getting those things done feels impossible!

I think I try to get too many things done in one day and then I wear myself out. The second I sit down on the couch, all hope goes out the window. I swear, the only time our apartment is even semi clean is about 1 hour before we have company coming. It's getting ridiculous! Please tell me I'm not the only one who struggles with this?

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post other than I have some serious improvements I need to be making in my daily routine! The long weekend is sure to be filled with house work but just as much relaxing as well. Here's to a long and relaxing weekend for all of you! Happy Labor Day weekend, friends!

Love,
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I think my biggest complaint is that time goes too. dang. fast. It's even worse when you have kids! (I mean, I only have one, but I hear time speeds up with each kid!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the same way with cleaning. We welcome having guests so we can see our counters again.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!