May 13, 2014

The Happiness Project

So lately I've been reading a lot of books. It's the perfect weather to just relax and read a book without being too hot or cold! I mean, I've read more books in the past month than I had in the past two years! Some were books I'd been wanting to read forever (Dear John, Safe Haven, etc) and some were self-help type books on subjects I'm really interested in. Last week we were walking through the book aisle in Walmart looking for a coloring book (because I'm a two year old) and I spotted the Happiness Project.

I'd heard about this book a few times and wanted to read it. Normally I'd just check it out at the library but I bought this one. Sometimes it's nice to buy the book so you can write in it while you're reading it! Plus, I like adding to our tiny book collection from time to time. Haven't heard of it? Well it's basically about spending a year focusing on different areas of your life that you believe control your happiness. Areas that you'd like to improve so that you'll be happier.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the book and I love it so far. When M saw it on the table, he said "aren't you happy?" He looked pretty worried! I am very happy but I think we could all be a little happier! It's making me look at what really makes me happy in my life. Sometimes the things I think control my mood really don't matter all that much!

I'll check back when I'm finished with the book to let you know what I think!

What are your favorite books? What makes you happy? Have you read the Happiness Project?

2 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds interesting! I'm always trying to find books to get from the library, so I might have to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it but it sounds like a good one! I may have to get it but let me know if you like it when you're finished! I'm curious to see if it helps you :)
    -Marley
    http://www.afandlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!