Mar 12, 2014

Leaping To My Happy Place

Here I am, almost three months into this thing called following my heart and doing what makes me happy. Almost two months into my first full-time job! For the first time in so long, I wake up every day and I'm not stressed out to the point of tears. When I get home from work, I can choose to lay in bed with my husband all night with zero guilt because there is nothing else I have to be doing like homework or reading stacks of textbooks. I smile every day because I'm not miserable when I think of what the next few years hold for me!

Especially if it includes lots of puppy snuggles!
I truly am so unbelievably happy with this choice I've made! It wasn't easy to go from having a few years of school left and knowing what followed to no plans for what was next and no job lined up. I think I was in denial for the first few weeks. The decision was made around Thanksgiving and by Christmas I was no longer a college student. It all happened so fast and then I was distracted by M being home for a few weeks. When he left and I was alone again, I really started to panic. What if it was the wrong choice? What if I hated working all the time or I couldn't find a full time job?

I was so lucky to find this job so quickly and I've been feeling so blessed! Not to say that it wasn't a huge adjustment (hello, taking care of a little human is hard work) but at least I'm doing something I love to do. Though I'm sad I don't have much time for photography lately, I'm still finding time here and there to get stuff done! I feel fortunate that I found a full time job without a degree when there are so many people out there with degrees that can't find work. I never knew I would be in the position that I'm in at my age! I always thought I'd go to school, graduate, get married, have kids, stay at home or work. God had other plans for me though and I feel so blessed that He lead me to where I am now.

Thank you to all of you who have encouraged me and are there to vent to whenever I need it! This little place of mine has turned into a blessing all on its own. Y'all are amazing friends to me!

And M, thank you for taking this huge leap of faith with me. I love you! I couldn't have done it without you!

Love,
Mandy


1 comment:

  1. You are tempting me... .hahahaha I've had a tension headache every day for the past week because school this semester has been more than I bargained for! :P

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!