Mar 4, 2014

Journaling Life

Since M has been home I swear time has sped up! I feel like every day is packed full of things to get done and when it's not, I just want to spend time with my husband. Can you blame me? Every day flies by and I feel like I never get a chance to just sit still for awhile and reflect on my life. I started this blog to help keep track of the memories but let's be honest, not every day is blog post worthy. It's also turned into a place for me to vent frustrations or even discuss things I'd never thought about before.


I'm the type of person who can write for hours when I sit down and get to it but I often get distracted for a long time first. I love to write with a pen and paper! It may take way longer but I'd rather sit down and write snail mail than send someone an email any day. I often wondered if I'd be able to write a blog post easier on paper than on the computer because I'd be without all the distractions just a click away. Turns out, I can!

I bought a cute spiral notebook from Target and I've been trying to sit down whenever I get a free minute to write for awhile. I also got another notebook and filled it with journaling topics that I'd really like to write about! I mean, I bet I have 100+ topics and I'm still adding to the list. I don't have to wrack my brain for something to write about every time I want to write which is usually what stops me from writing in the first place!


I encourage you to take some time to reflect about your life! Past memories, current worries, future goals. It's amazing how therapeutic just writing down your feelings truly can be! If you're struggling to type it out, get out some paper and try it that way! If you can't think of anything to talk about, try looking up some journaling prompts. Those ideas may lead you to a whole list of your own!


How do you express your feelings? What are your favorite notebooks?

Love,
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. I have that EXACT same pencil!!!!!! I just needed you to know that... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!