Feb 21, 2014

Home!

He's home! He's home! I finally brought that husband of mine back home!


It's amazing how I feel at home in my own apartment again. That one person makes all the difference! I feel safe for the first time in months! I can breathe at night when I hear a strange sound because I'm not alone anymore. I have someone to talk to every day! My best friend is back!

It was a quick trip to Missouri this time and I think the exhaustion is really taking its full effect today. It's so worth it though! After work Tuesday, I ran out to pick up an outfit for graduation. I ended up with two dresses and a new pair of heels so I had options! I packed up the car quickly and hit the road! I stayed in a hotel about halfway there and it was so nice to not drive all 7+ hours in one stretch! It gave me time to relax and spend the next morning getting ready calmly.

I headed out for the rest of the drive and made it to Fort Leonard Wood about 2 hours before graduation. With my history of getting lost, I figured I should be there early. After standing around for a few hours in the museum where it was being held, they finally let us in. The ceremony was short and I'm thankful for that! It was so cool seeing M graduate at the top of his class with honors! He got to lead a few things during the ceremony which I enjoyed watching. Finally they were ours again!

I met all of his buddies and snapped some pictures of them together. I felt like I already knew them because I've heard so much about them over the last few months and sent them food in M's care packages. After the pictures, they headed outside to march back to the barracks one last time. I don't know about anyone else but I love listening to them as they march back! Then everyone stood around while they packed up and said their final see ya laters!



We did a little shopping before left post, then we changed and had a nice, "quiet" supper together! We hit the road and drove straight through, only stopping once! It rained really hard a few times but thankfully that was the worst it got on the drive home! We got back around 1:30am and I had to be to work around 7 that morning.

We ended up with a thunderstorm followed by thundersnow that turned into a blizzard yesterday. It was beautiful to watch from the warm house but I'm ready for this winter to be over with! I was giddy to get off work and head home to my husband for the first time in forever!

It's really hard to grasp the concept that we made it to the other side. It's done! I just think it will take a little while to fully realize that he's not leaving in two weeks like he did after the holidays. I've been thinking about this time since he was sworn in last June! We talked about it on the drive home, how it feels to be done with training. Some days we both struggled, some days really sucked. We made it through stronger than ever though! I'm so appreciative for all the friends the military has brought into my life!

The time apart has made me treasure our time together a lot more! We can put down our phones and really be together now. I, for one, am really looking forward to being less attached to my phone and more in tune with what is going on in my life! Now we get to settle into our new life for the first time and see what it's like to live as a military family.


Thank you so much for all the love and support you have given me through this journey! Some days when I was really struggling, y'all helped me make it through more than some of my IRL friends did. I appreciate it so much!

Love,
Mandy

7 comments:

  1. yay!! congrats, glad you have your hubby back :) I can't even imagine how you must be feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy happy happy for you, Mandy! I know the months have been hard on you, but you're so lucky to have a great support system, and now that he's finally home soak up every second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your hubby is back home finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I am SO Happy for you both!!! enjoy it, its so nice to have them home huh!?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!