Dec 5, 2013

Off the Deep End

Holy moly, it's a cold one out there today. I think I might actually take back the gloomy weather from yesterday over this stuff!

I was up real early (0600 is early for me at least) this morning to wish M good luck on his test today and now I'm feeling productive! I probably could have gone back to sleep but Gage chasing after bunnies in 10 degree weather woke me up too much for that. So here I am posting at 7:30 and I've got a long to-do list to hit before class!

Over the last few days I've been thinking a lot about meal planning. I've planned a week of meals a few times but never really planned out all the ingredients or done the prep work to go along with it. After reading this post from my friend Amberly, I got the final kick in the butt I needed to start planning.

So I set out for Pinterest because where else do people start looking for things these days? After a good hour of searching (sorry Pinterest followers) I have a pretty good amount of pins on my meal planning board. That was just the beginning though! I knew Miss Alexa had written some meal planning posts in the past so I sent her an email last night pleading for help asking for some tips. Being the awesome blog friend that she is, she emailed me right back! I'm so excited to sit down and read her tips followed by actually clicking on the links to my meal planning pins! With blog friends for inspiration, I'm determined to do this!

via
via
via
Do you have any tips for me? Wish me luck!

Love,
Mandy

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! So excited for you to start and (hopefully!) love it! And now I need to go to your Pinterest board and search out a few of your pins to freshen up my ideas too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I love it!! :) I need to start planning my meals for next week. I didn't bother this week because we've had a lot going on and I've been studying for finals :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a post I wrote about how I do it! http://ribbonsandrotorblades.blogspot.com/2012/01/menu-planning.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep telling myself I want to do this... and always have such good intentions but I usually last like two days before giving up. My biggest problem is I never have ingredients handy and am never sure what I will be hungry for (what if I'm not hungry for tacos and I planned that for Thursday? Ha) Let me know if you get any good tips!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!