Nov 14, 2013

An Early Present

Guys, I bought myself a Christmas present. Never done that before but it's for the good of my photography I told myself!

Last year I bought the Extremely Essential Camera Skills tutorial from Photography Concentrate after Jenni at Story of My Life mentioned how much it helped her learn to use a dslr. I ended up snagging it on sale the weekend after Thanksgiving. Though I didn't even own a dslr until March and didn't sit down to use the tutorial until May, it was worth it! I spent a few hours straight going over and over the tutorial until boom, it just clicked! Thanks to this tutorial I'm now shooting in full manual and RAW which was scary to think about when I first started. I'm no expert but if you want to learn how to use a dslr without taking a class, BUY THIS.

via
My parents bought me Adobe Lightroom for my birthday this year. Lightroom is a less overwhelming version of Photoshop. I snagged it with a student discount and it's been perfect for my skill level, I've been using it ever since. Not that I know what I'm doing at all. I finally decided to check out the Super Photo Editing Skills tutorial that Photography Concentrate has. I've tweaked my editing skills a ton since I first started using Lightroom but I have a long way to go if I want to reach my goal! I cannot wait to sit down and have my mind blown once again! Plus, it gives me a nice distraction as I'm counting down the days until I see M again.

via
I also grabbed the Creativity Field Guide on sale. I tend to struggle with being creative during a shoot, I guess that's a skill that comes with time and practice. Merry Christmas to me!

via
Have you ever gotten yourself a Christmas present? Heard of any other fantastic tutorials that helped you learn photography?

Love,
Mandy

4 comments:

  1. the skills tutorial was really worth it? I contemplated buying it awhile back but didn't want to spend the $ without knowing if it would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe awesome!! i took a class at a tech school and finally one day it just clicked. i guess that's the way it always seems to happen. You'll never go back, and you'll cringe when you see others with dslr who are unaware why their flash is popping up all the time. :(
    -whit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never bought myself a Christmas present ... but I know what I'll be asking TJ for this year ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!