Oct 23, 2013

This Week In the Life of the Hanson's

Just popping in with a little update!

Life has been pretty uneventful around here which means a lack of blog posts. Nothing to talk about makes for boring, forced posts so I've just been enjoying life in the mean time! I even took a break from social media on Monday and breaking the habit of checking Facebook/Twitter/Instagram every time I pick up my phone was harder than I thought! Good news though, I felt so much more relaxed when I wasn't constantly checking for updates. AND I wasn't comparing my day to everyone else thinking "Why didn't I do that?" or "I want to buy that, too!" It's really good for your soul to just spend a day being ever so grateful for the things God has given you instead of wanting for all the things you don't have.

Try it!

The update I have for y'all today is that Mark has passed another important qualification for basic training! He took his BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmanship) qualification yesterday along with the rest of his company. Although I haven't heard from him personally, the Facebook page for his battalion was updated this morning saying his company had 100% qualification rate yesterday! So impressive!! I was nervous all day yesterday and wasn't looking forward to waiting until this weekend to hear if he passed. He had to take his second APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) today so he didn't get much of a break. At least white phase is almost over! Soon we'll be reunited and that's what is getting me through each day with a smile!

Thank you to all the family and friends who said a prayer for him and for continuing to pray for us throughout this journey! We couldn't do it without you guys!

With love,
Mandy

1 comment:

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!