Sep 11, 2013

Lost

My world is a little turned upside down at the moment. I'm experiencing something I've really never had to deal with, something there was no way to fully prepare for. I truly feel like I'm wandering around, lost, trying to find my way back to a normal schedule/life.

Monday morning was filled with early rising, airport mix ups, and a very emotional goodbye. If you follow me on Instagram then you probably know what I'm talking about. My husband is now officially in training to be a soldier of the United States Army.

Hurry up and wait. 

That's what I'm dealing with right now. Lord knows I'm not the first person to go through all of this and I'm definitely not the last. That doesn't make it any easier. I know with time this will be much easier to handle. It's getting through the current day without thinking too much about tomorrow that I'm struggling with.

This is what I agreed to. Yet you could never imagine how it feels until you're going through it all. I've always had respect for those who go through this daily for their whole lives! Now that respect has grown immensely because I have gotten the tiniest sliver of what it feels like. 

I'm terrible about asking for help or telling people that I'm upset unless they ask first. If I do ask for help, it took more than you could even realize to step up. Please know that things may not always be positive around here while I'm going through this. There will be bad days along with the good. Please don't tell me that it could always be worse when I'm having a down day. That's like saying the things I'm struggling with aren't important in my life.

Right now, I need support. I need people to reach out to see how I'm doing, especially if I seem to be having a bad day. We need lots of prayers and kind words. What my husband is going through (I can't even fathom) is much harder than what I'm dealing with so please include him in your prayers.



This is me asking for help.

-Mandy

6 comments:

  1. Mandy,
    I've never been in your exact shoes, but I can tell you that when you are feeling lost there is nothing wrong with sitting down and having a good cry. But then you have to put on your big girl panties and tell yourself I'm a strong woman and I can do this.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that God will give you and your husband strength during this time and all the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basic will be over soon. I know it's really hard, but there will a lot of letters and a smattering of phone calls and both of you will get through these next few months and emerge stronger. Just keep your eyes at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been praying for you, sweet girl. While I can't imagine what you are going through, I know it must be hard, but you have a great support network!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even begin to imagine what you both are going through right now! Stay strong, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about your friend! You know I'm always here to listen if you need a friend!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!