Sep 6, 2013

DIY Key Holder

This is probably one of the easiest projects I've done in a long time. It took less than 5 minutes to get the entire thing done!

You can use any picture frame that you already have, as long as you can screw the hooks into it. I didn't have one that was big enough so I went the even easier route and picked one up from Target. This one holds a 5x7 picture and is made out of wood. We just used the first hooks that we found in the hardware aisle. You could also use nails if you wanted to get even more plain or you could use old knobs from cupboards or dressers to get a little fancier.

I helped M measure out the points for each hook. He twisted each one in until it was even with the ridges on the frame.

Voila!

It's literally that easy. We chose one of our wedding photos to add to the frame and we hung it up on the wall. We have a terrible habit of losing our keys for the car and apartment so we put this right next to our door. Now, as soon as we walk into our apartment we hang up the keys. Easy to find!




Excuse the terrible photo quality, typical phone pictures.

-Mandy

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute!!! I've been trying to decide what to do with our keys in our new place! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a clever idea! I love that photo in the frame!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!