Sep 4, 2013

Back to school, back to school

I've been a little absent around the blog lately and over the next month I will probably be just as absent. Transitioning back into school has taken a bit to get down and now transitioning to M's time during Basic Training and AIT will be priority. I would apologize for being gone so much but I've been enjoying those precious moments with my husband before he's gone. I know those who read this often will understand why that's so necessary!

Now I can catch you up on our long weekend (hey, it's only Wednesday...at least it's not Friday) back home.

A whole lot of sign language. I'm taking a sign language course that I'm ridiculously interested in so I'll probably be talking about that a lot this semester. We have to record ourselves signing a few different times so those videos might make an appearance in a post or two!

Puppy snuggles. Can never get enough of those!

Not so enthused about the ride home considering Gage likes to make my seat, his seat.

Celebrating our one year anniversary with the top of our wedding cake! We used a food saver to seal up our cake and popped it in the freezer for the last year. We were pretty nervous about how it would taste so we even recorded our reactions. Much to our surprise, the cake was still as delicious a year later as it was on our wedding day (although a little more dry). For only spending $25 on our cake, I was seriously impressed. Who says you have to spend hundreds of dollars on a wedding cake?

Not pictured: we re-enacted some of the photos we took on our wedding day and had a mini photo shoot. It took quite a while to get the photos we did get and there was only a few really fantastic photos but when you have your camera, a tripod, and a remote that sometimes works in a grass field, you take what you can get! 

We also visited a local corn maze. This is actually the place where we first met so I thought it would be sweet to go back and visit there on our first anniversary as a married couple. The weather cooperated so it wasn't ridiculously hot and we had a lot of fun navigating it all together.

Later on we went for our very last motorcycle ride of the season. I'm really going to miss being able to get rides to class on the bike or just take off after a stressful day in class. We took a leisurely ride and I really got to take in some of NEIA's finest country side. That photo was snapped just up the gravel road from my house.

We laughed because the more our cake unthawed, the more the frosting slid down the side of the cake. 

We ended the night by having a nice little bonfire, just the two of us. I ate way more s'mores then I'd care to admit and enjoyed just being outside for awhile. The last little snippet is from a video M took of me. My parents cleaned out some old stuff and they found one of those bouncy balls that little kids can sit on and hop around. Hopefully y'all know what I'm talking about! Naturally, being the two year old at heart, I hopped around for quite awhile until I fell over...onto my face. That's a price I'm willing to pay to keep my childhood alive!










Hope everyone had a great Wednesday!
-Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to see another post!! :) I can't wait until you get back into a posting routine but totally understand your priorities! Enjoy the last few days!! & like I told your mom, I think it will end up going by much faster than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pink/purple dress on you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!