Aug 13, 2013

I got my husband to blog!

Hey everyone, this is Mandy's husband, or M as most of you know me!  She asked me to write a post for her and I finally agreed, so hear it goes...Sorry in advance! (He called me out on my lack of posts lately so I forced asked him and made him sit down immediately!)

Since she mentions me quite a bit in her posts, I figured that I should let all of you know a little bit about me. First off, I'm not sure if she has mentioned it or not, but I am adopted. (Part of the reason that I would love to adopt some day!)  I was 2 weeks old when I came home to my loving family, and I couldn't be more appreciative of the love, kindness, mentoring, and great parenting that I received growing up!  Adoption is such a great way to change a kids life for good, not to mention your own. If you have ever thought about it or wanted to learn more, I encourage you to contact your local adoption agency!  I also have 2 younger brothers, one of whom is also adopted (from Romania) and the other who was on the way when my parents were on there way overseas to complete the adoption!  I gained 2 siblings in less then a year, and although we have had our issues (typical boys), I wouldn't trade them for anything.
  
Anyway, enough of that sappy stuff... lets talk about where I grew up.

I grew up in between 2 very,very, very, (did i mention very??) small towns in North East Iowa.  Right in between Maynard and Fayette, out in the country on a 10 acre piece of land is where I call home! You can look them up if you feel the urge, but Google maps might not zoom in that far!  Living in the country is one of the coolest things I have ever experienced and I am so glad that I got to have the opportunity! (One hundred percent agree with that one) Being able to see the stars at night, hear the wind blow through the trees, and animals howling at the moon, and just having your own space to be you is so freeing!  I don't mind city living (I'm stuck in Ames during the school year) but I am almost positive that Mandy and I will be living in the country once we get a house! (Yes, yes, yes!)

Living in a small community also means going to a tiny school.  Most kids think of a small school as having a few hundred kids that they graduated with, well I graduated with 21 kids! (I thought my 56 was small)  It was nice because everyone knew everyone, but it also kind of sucked because, well, everyone knew everyone!  I crashed my car in high school going to school one wintery morning, with no one around.  Next thing I know, I hear that people are talking about it down at the local bar a few days later.  I'm still now sure how word got out but it doesn't surprise me.  

After graduating from high school, I attended the University of Northern Iowa for a year and a half, before my lovely wife twisted my arm into becoming a Cyclone (I didn't have to twist very hard).  Best move I've made yet (besides marrying Mandy)! I love Iowa State and the education I'm getting there.  I'll be taking a semester off this year however as I attend Basic Combat Training for the United States Army, Hooah! I figure since I am double majoring in Industrial Technology, and Agri-systems Technology, that an Engineering MOS (military occupational specialty) will be a good fit for me! (I still can't keep all of that straight!) I am going to be a Horizontal Construction Engineer, which basically means that I will be building roads, air strips, and clearing paths for other engineers, using bulldozers, backhoes, and all the big boy toys that we dream of growing up! Make sure to check in with Mandy during the time that I am gone to see how she is doing and maybe leave a encouraging note, I'm sure she will appreciate it! (Aww, how sweet of him!)

That's about enough of rambling on about myself, thank you if you made it this far through all of this!
Hopefully when Mandy mentions me, you'll know just a bit more about me now!   
Anyways, thanks again for reading!

- M and Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!