Jun 11, 2013

Early Morning Thoughts

I woke up at 5 a.m. wide awake this morning. For some of you that may be quite normal but I've been getting up at 9 a.m. so it makes all the difference. Insomnia and stomach aches, please quite plaguing me so I can get some sleep!

Usually I sleep in until the last possible moment and then I rush, rush, rush, til I get to where I'm going. This is especially true in the Summer when I could care less what I look like. I'm enjoying my last few Summers like this because I know it's not going to last! However, starting your day off pretty frazzled doesn't really set a great tone for the rest of the day.

I took Gage outside to do his morning business and I was in awe at the beauty in front of me. It's been so long since I've had to be up when the sun is still along the horizon. I have missed the humbleness that seeing such a sight gives me. You know, just before the whole world is awake, that silence you hear? That's when it's easiest for me to hear God. During the hustle and bustle of the day, I often get distracted when talking to God. That sounds terrible but I'm being honest right now.

This morning has showed me that I need to make a much greater effort to give myself enough time in the mornings. Enough time to have an honest, deep talk with God every morning. Just to set my day in motion in a peaceful way instead of a chaotic mess.

Sometimes we get so busy with life that we forget to relax and take in the beauty God has put in front of us. Take a moment today to just enjoy that, please?

I wish I had taken a photo this morning so you could see what I saw. It was truly breathtaking!

It looked pretty similar to this! Image via Google

Happy Tuesday friends!

Love,
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. I'm so guilty of always rushing from one thing to the next, and not enjoying the small moments as much as I should. Great reminder today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so good at sleeping in until I absolutely have to get up. But having the puppy has made it easier to get up. I have to take him out at six every morning, the second my alarm goes off, he gets up, licks my face and whines. So I can't hit snooze and just stay in my bed. It's kind of nice.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!