May 6, 2013

What do I do?- Day 6

Today's topic is if I couldn't answer with my job, how would I answer "What do you do?"

Since I'm a full-time student and I work part-time at the daycare/preschool on campus this question is sort of tricky. The only answer I have for this question is sort of silly. The one thing that I've realized over the past few years is that I tend to play the role of Momma to my friends. Maybe it's because I feel like that's the one thing I am meant to do in life. I've talked about this many times before but I never realized I was already playing the role.

When I go out with friends, I'm always concerned that they're getting home safely or not getting left behind. I also usually stepped up to the plate and took care of them (if I didn't need to be taken care of myself, although that usually doesn't stop me from doing it anyway). This was especially true last year when I lived with all of my friends. I knew when they went out and if I wasn't with them, I would sit up concerned until they got back.

This year, it's been amped up even more. Becoming a wife has amped up the momma in me even more. I've found that I love to entertain! Having friends come over and making them a meal is so much fun for me. On top of that, I try to make sure all of my friends are doing okay. Being at college is stressful and we find ourselves becoming homesick from time to time. If I know a friend is homesick, I invite them over and try to make it feel like home for them. If a friend is sick, I bring them soup and cookies! I especially love to bake and I feel like I turn on my ultimate momma role when I bake and deliver.

I really hope my friends appreciate this instead of feeling like I'm being the intrusive mom. Who would have thought being in college would give me a little preparation in that role!

xoxo,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. I'm all about entertaining! I LOVE to have people over and make food and host and hang out, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you are such a good "mom" to your friends! One of my BFFs we nicknamed Mom in college because she was always looking after everyone and just being so supportive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so cute! Your going to be such a good mama when the time comes:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!