May 2, 2013

The Day I Discovered A Teasing Comb - Day 2

Today I'm going to let you in on a little hair trick I use every day.

Teasing!

It's something that my hair used to rebel against, it was nearly impossible to make it hold. I can thank cheerleading for this change in my life. A fellow cheerleader used to tease my hair for quite awhile before each game and use 2x as much hairspray and bobby pins to make it stay. Now I can fully tease my hair in less than 5 minutes. Now with cheerleading, it was quite acceptable to have a huge "poof" to go along with a hair bow the size of your head. Walking around daily? Not so acceptable. It's possible to tease your hair without the poof.

The products I use daily are:
-Dry Shampoo
-Teasing Comb
-Bobby Pins
-Extra Hold Hairspray


Teasing Necessities























The most important item for me is the hairspray. I buy the biggest bottle of Tresemme Firm Control and it lasts me for months (even after using it daily). I don't use Rockaholic dry shampoo because it's fairly expensive for my liking but it is my favorite kind to use. Use whichever bobby pins hold in your hair, I have a mix of brands. I have three teasing combs that I use but you can also use a regular comb if you don't have one. 

I start by styling my hair first. I curl or straighten it and let the hair cool before teasing. I spray the dry shampoo at the roots for extra hold. I tease in sections starting with the back. I pin the top layer forward so that it can lay on top of the teased area. Then I tease 3 sections about an inch apart on the back side of my head. I spray each teased piece on the back and front side with hairspray. I unpin the top layer and smooth it out with the comb. Then I tease two sections on either side and smooth out the top. I spray all of the teased sections with hairspray again. If I'm pinning my hair back then I use bobby pins to hold everything in place. If I put it up in a ponytail then I use the pick end of the teasing comb to lift the hair at the crown.

Teasing takes my hair from completely flat to styled in just a few minutes. Even if I don't have time to do anything else, I always tease it.

Hopefully this helps at least one other person learn how to tease their hair!

xo,
Mandy


4 comments:

  1. I would never think to use dry shampoo for teasing and back combing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my entire 21 years of living I do not think I have ever had my hair teased. If anything maybe my bangs have been puffed up when I was younger but that is it.
    This was great to read and I think I will be trying this sometime soon.

    -Cheltee
    http://somethingaboutyounme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun post! I'm glad I found you through the link-up :) I recently discovered teasing, but I didn't know about some of these tips. Thank-you for sharing. I will be sure to try them out!

    xo Jessica

    jessicajeanw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair is so thick that teasing is near next to impossible, but rock on!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!