Mar 6, 2013

Will you?


Today is a big day guys. Today we can all stand up and stop hate. You may say, it's just one word. One word leads to another and another, before you know it you're saying things that seem normal to you but can cut others so deeply.

Growing up I used to say this all the time. I never thought about it so it didn't really affect me. I'm ashamed to say that but it's true. Then I came to college and it was like someone flipped a switch. I realized how hurtful it was and decided to never say it again. Sadly, it was hard at first because I was so used to saying it. I cringe when I stop to think about the impression I must have been giving others when I said it so carelessly. Now and again it slips out and I'm immediately embarrassed and upset that I let myself say it.

Today I pledge to end the word by informing others. 

Will you?

xoxo,
Mandy

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I also do my best to not use this word. Both Travis and I have worked with Special needs individuals and they are far from this word. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! Thank you so much for spreading the word, too! I think the majority of us have said it at least once in the past, because sadly it is so widely accepted, but once we finally wise up and realize how awful it is, it's our turn to end it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend today put this on her fb page and I knew exactly what R word she was talking about. and I must say I hate this word. I've been called this word too and it's not a good thing to be called. Some had to ask what was the R word. It's pretty simple and common since if you think about it. I didnt really have to think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have awarded you a Liebster Award! Stop by my page to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!