Mar 11, 2013

Weekend Snapshots

Hello Monday, I see you've come around again. I could really do without you but I'll be glad to have you this week because I need the extra time before vacation.

It's crunch time, in 6 days I'll be sitting in Orlando soaking up the sun! That means I have too many things to do and no time to do them. Instead of using my weekend to be productive (who does that any way?) I just relaxed. Friday I spent my homework time hanging out with a friend who I haven't talked to in a few months. It was so nice to catch up with her! I went to work and it seemed to fly by, we even got to go outside for the first time in quite awhile. After work, M and I worked on some homework until some other friends showed up. We went to Dunkin' Donuts for some munchkins and then everyone did homework. Exciting life right here! We convinced the boys to watch the notebook. My friend passed out a little ways into the movie and I made it about 3/4 of the way through. Woke up the next morning to realize one of our fish and our snail had died. RIP Sparkles and Marcel.

Saturday was supposed to be laundry day but like most people I avoided that one pretty quickly. We lounged around most of the day. True relaxation makes for a boring blog weekend recap, sorry friends!

Today I was determined to get something done. Despite waking up to rain/sleet, I wanted to venture out. I decided to check out Aldi because I would love to stop going to that hell hole Walmart. This place has so much food, I was shocked. So I stocked up on fruits and veggies. Organic fruit that was half the price of non-organic Walmart fruit? You betcha I stocked up. Raspberries, Lil Cuties, strawberries, two kinds of apples, bananas, peaches, nectarines, grapes, and even a mango! Side bar, never had a mango so can anyone tell me how to know if it's ripe? I also got lettuce, celery, and broccoli but clearly the fruit is our favorite. 

In typical Iowa fashion, the weather went from Spring to Winter in about 5 seconds. Once I got home it started to sleet. Then giant, heavy snowflakes fell. Finally tiny flurries blew all around. The snow added up quickly, we had about a half an inch within the first half hour. Forecast says 5-9 inches but they've been wrong every time so we'll see about that.

By 8:00 we decided we should probably eat something so we tried a Pinterest recipe for Mozarella cheese balls. They were AMAZING! We had to improv a bit because the recipe called for Italian bread crumbs and that's not something we had. We used some stale bread and then added our own spices until we thought it tasted right. The original recipe can be found here. We cooked them a little bit longer than suggested so they would be extra gooey.Now I feel the need to eat extra healthy all week after consuming that much fried cheese. I think we will bake them next time!








I love finally having a camera that is fast enough to catch snowflakes. I think a heavy snowfall is absolutely beautiful!





Sorry for the uneventful weekend, at least next weekend will be much more eventful. Be ready for stories of my first plane ride ever and a week long surprise! Don't forget to link up for Sami's weekend shenanigans! 


xoxo,
Mandy

6 comments:

  1. I love all your snow pictures friend. So gorgeous. As I was stuck inside because of the rain storm we just had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow pictures are my fav! Its pretty much spring around my parts.

    ps. what is that that you cooked? LOOOOKS DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE SNOOOWW!!! :) Gorgeous!!

    Stopping by to say hello from the link-up! Excited to catch up:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by from the linkup!! The snow looks gorgeous!!

    I have giveaways on my blog...be sure to check them out!
    www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I found your blog through the Weekend Link up! I LOVE your pictures! I am getting married in December and wanting to find a better camera to take on our honeymoon so they are nice pictures and not "maybe" good or maybe nots!
    I also like seeing your snow pictures! I'm from Texas and lets be honest...we are lucky to drop below freezing! :) Look forward to following along!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are gorgeous! And those mozzarella balls look so delicious! I'm going to have to check that recipe out :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!