Mar 4, 2013

New Adventures

Good afternoon friends!

A few exciting things happened over the weekend. Like me finally getting my long awaited Canon Rebel T3i!  Also, Miss Kaitlyn from Put A Bow On It gave me an amazing new blog design. I can't decide which one is more exciting! So I think it's the perfect time to link-up with Sami's Shenanigans for the first time ever.



Let's begin!

The rest of my weekend was pretty uneventful to say the least. Friday I got home from work expecting a glorious package from Amazon to be waiting for me. WRONG. Instead there was a little note waiting for me saying that my signature was needed and they would be back on Monday afternoon (while I would be at work) to try again. Okay UPS, this is not working out. I paid extra to have that sweet little baby in my hands a day later, not after the weekend. So, I cried a little bit put on my big girl pants and called them up. After a few phone calls I managed to track down where my package might be and headed out to find it. Get there only to find out that the delivery truck with my package is still out delivering and won't be back until 2 hours later. So I stomp my feet like a two year old walk back to the car and we head off to do some more errands. Two hours drag on and we head back. Employee laughs when I walk in and say it's going to be at least another hour. Stomp my feet a little more and head back home to wait impatiently. After another hour and a half they finally call. I speed all the way there and I'm finally united with my precious toy!

Now, Saturday was a lazy day. We had the intentions of cleaning up the apartment so we wouldn't be forced to do it all on Sunday. Never how it happens though. The cold I seemed to have picked up from all my little friends at work has shown itself, full force. That definitely contributed to the lack of effort all weekend. We lounged around all day and I played with my new toy. At about 5:40 I looked outside and thought, "hey! it seems like a good time to go take pictures. Grab husband and dog, drag them on a walk!" Such a nice wife, right? So we head out to campus even though it's FREEZING and I take some pictures. Of course, the perfect light that I saw when I got the idea to head out was not at all the light I had when I went to take pictures. Figures.. Take pictures until I can't move my fingers (this is Iowa so that lasted about 15 minutes) then head back to the car. All in all, a pretty relaxed day.

I planned on being a good girl and going to church Sunday morning. Then I woke up and realized I didn't get hardly any sleep, I felt like I got hit by a truck, and my head was pounded for no reason. Laying in bed for a while just sounded like a much more appropriate action. We moved to the couch and watched movies all afternoon until I finally felt like moving. Then, with a sudden burst of energy, I decided Spring cleaning was genius. So we got about 85% of our list checked off. There was minimal complaining and I felt a lot better starting the week on a clean slate.

Now, my attention is set on planning for our trip and getting everything else finished. Let's just say the nerves about flying have set in. 

What did you do this weekend?








xoxo,
Mandy


5 comments:

  1. You took beautiful pictures my dear! I love my T3i!!! Enjoy and happy Monday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your weekend through 'your lens.' It's fun playing around with new cameras, especially to capture every day moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new design! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pictures are awesome. and i love the design. I always have a hard time picking out designs too. guess some of us are like that. I'd love to see a pic of your cannon. i want me a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are beautiful so the camera must be great!

    I also nominated you for a Liebster Award even though you just had one ;)

    You can find the info here if you want to participate again :)

    mylifesomewhereinthemiddle.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award-times-two.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!