Feb 7, 2013

Wedding Thursday: Time to take it all in

Hello all, I'm a little wedding crazy lately. It might have something to do with the fact that my brother is getting married in 7 short months and I will be gaining a sister. It also doesn't help that when writing yesterday's post I had way too many pictures and had to split it up. In my excitement I couldn't wait a whole week to post so you get a two-for-one week. Enjoy!

Unless you had the most planned out, relaxed wedding ever, you may have felt like the whole day was a little bit of a whirlwind. From the time I woke up until we escaped for some "us" time I felt like everything happened in a flash. I remember it all but I still can't believe how quickly it vanished. We had planned to head out for about 20 minutes to take some photos with an amazing old truck just outside of town post-ceremony. Said 20 minutes turned into about an hour but it made all the difference.

If there is one thing I will suggest about your wedding, even more so than seeing your groom before the ceremony, is taking time just for you two to let things sink in. All of the stress just melted away and it really hit me that I was now married. Plus, we got some amazing photos at sunset!

*le sigh* I miss my long hair. I love the emotion this one brings back!


Swooning here..




We had jokingly talked about re-creating the American Gothic during our engagement photos. Somewhat forgot about it on the big day but M says that this photo reminds him of that.


This truck left blue-ish green dust all over when you touched it...I was daring enough to take this but you can bet I jumped off as soon as it was done!

I hope you enjoyed these as much as I do when I look at them!

Do you have any pictures from your wedding day that are your favorite?

xoxo,
Mandy

5 comments:

  1. so so cute! Im loveing the old truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I did a first look with my husband too. Having that time together was great for us on that day! P.S I am your big! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mandy! I'm your newest follower! :)
    LOVE your wedding photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are stunning! Following you now.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!