Jan 2, 2013

What's Your Word?

Despite nearly being in two car accidents today, I'm in a surprisingly good mood. Something about the fresh start each new year brings really gives me a happier attitude (at least for now!) and I'm loving it. Last year at this time I was knee-deep in wedding plans and a little stressed out to be honest. No one ever told me planning my own wedding would make me crazy! It's a wonderful feeling to be married! I always dreamed of getting married young but never really thought it would happen.

Wedding planning/thoughts took over my life for most of the past year. I made an extra effort to talk to friends about non-wedding related things but other than those times I feel like all I thought of was wedding wedding wedding. I'm lucky my grades didn't suffer because I did no better than half-ass everything to get through the semester. That's horrible. I couldn't help it!

Now that I'm married, I feel like a little part of my life is missing. Don't get me wrong, I gained a huge part this year! But I was so consumed with it that now I feel a little lost. I need a new goal to strive for. I need some inspiration.

My word for this year is INSPIRE!

I've never had a word to live by for a year but I love the thought of it! I want to be truly inspired this year! I want to find what makes me feel like I'm in the right place, doing the right thing, at the right time. Not only do I want to be inspired but I want to be someone who inspires others. I want my inspiration to be something so awesome that it inspires someone else to do good also (whoooa...dream big!) over the next year.

I'm hoping my inspiration comes in the form of photography. When I was younger I heard of a photographer who specialized in sessions for families dealing with cancer and that really made me want to be a photographer. I'm still working on getting my Canon T3i but until then I'll be using my phone to take pictures of what inspires me. Follow me on Instagram (mandy2629) for my #inspired pictures all year! If you notice I've been slacking, be a friend and let me know you miss my #inpiration.

If all my resolutions fail the one thing I want to accomplish this year is to live INSPIRED!

What's your one word?



xoxo,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Mine's simplicity. Desire to inspire girl :)

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your word! I'm with ^^Her mine is to simplify and I am SOO looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I followed you through the "I Love my Post" blog hop! So glad I found your blog, i'm a new follower :) Come follow back if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!