Nov 14, 2012

Wedding Wednesday #1


Here is the first Wedding Wednesday post I wrote last week. Just so the whole series makes sense I've posted it here also:

We've finally gotten our wedding pictures so now I can do the posts I've been wanting to do for awhile!

The first Wedding Wednesday post is about rehearsal and decorating the reception space. One of my best friends from college was kind enough to be "photographer" for the night and I'm so glad I asked her to be there because these are some memorable pictures! Thank you Emily Brimeyer!

This night was so exciting for me because I was actually getting to see everything I'd been planning for months put into action. It's hard to picture something in your head when you've never gotten to see it, so for the first time things I'd dreamed up in my head were real. Pretty cool if you ask me!

Now I know I chose to get married at the age of 19 and plan a wedding while I was a freshman in college, but let me tell you it was not easy. It was very easy to get caught up in wedding plans and not go to class or do homework. I am damn proud of myself for everything I accomplished because I can honestly say I'm proud of how our wedding turned out. We had simple decorations because they were all handmade. Our cake cost $25 and it was ridiculously good! We fed 300 people on just over $500, and despite many concerned friends/family I ate my favorite food on my wedding day, CHILI!

If I could go back, I would probably hire a wedding planner just to make the whole process a little easier. Because let me tell you there were definitely problems I never expected to encounter. I thank God I have the family and friends I do because without them this would have been an impossible task. I'm sure there were days that M thought "What did I get myself into...?"

However, even if everything had gone wrong, I still would have been happy at the end of the day because I married my best friend!
Waiting to get things started:ImageImage
I'm fairly certain it's impossible for me to go a day without making this face at someone. It's super attractive, I know.Image
ImageImage
Dedicated bridesmaids and personal attendants!ImageImage
Opening their gifts from me. This next picture will always make me laugh. I made them sugar body scrub and I guess it smelled good enough they all wanted to taste :)ImageImage
This was about two seconds after the backdrop for the head table suddenly fell over. We just had to add a little extra support!Image
Showing Grandma how I attached 3 of my "somethings" to my bouquet. She let me use her crystal rosary that she had from her wedding as my something old. I attached a ring my dad gave to my mom as my something borrowed. Finally I explained how I had used my something blue. My grandpa had passed away just short of a year before the wedding and I was upset he wouldn't be there. Grandma let me have the cuffs off a blue shirt of his and I attached them around my bouquet so he could be with me all day. I don't think I could have had him more present with me that day than he already was!
Image
Now that you've had picture overload I will leave you with a quote from one of my favorite wedding songs..
I have died everyday waiting for you. Darlin' don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years..I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years..I'll love you for a thousand more
-Christina Perri
xoxo Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!