Nov 15, 2012

Packing, Giving Thanks, and Midnight Premieres

I just finished my last class therefore I am officially on Thanksgiving break!! Will be checking back in mentally in 11 days..

Now I have to decide what to pack. I swear packing for (most) girls is one of the hardest things to do because we generally pack at least 2x what we are actually going to need. Lately when I pack I've been trying to make sure I pack 1 outfit for each day and then throw some extra comfy clothes in just in case. I feel more pressure now when I pack because I've got all of my clothes here at school. If I forget clothes when I got to my parents' house I either have to buy more or just deal with it.

As I'm sorting through all of my clothes trying to figure all of this out, I've been thinking about how thankful I am to be in this situation. I have enough clothes that I have the "problem" of having to decide which ones to bring. I'm fortunate enough to have a car and gas money to travel home for the week. I have a loving home to go back to where I'll be "spoiled" by my mom's cooking and the luxury of just doing nothing but watch T.V. for awhile.

Maybe it's because it's the holiday season but all the things I'm thankful for are on my mind today. I'm in a much different place this Thanksgiving season than last, so my list has changed quite a bit. I'm thankful for the job I've been blessed with this year because it's giving me income and the experience I need for my future. I'm thankful for my loving husband because without him my life would be oh so different. I'm thankful for my family because they're there for me any time of the day and they provide a great support system. The friends I have in my life are amazing and I'm so thankful for them.

The list could literally go on and on. I encourage you all to really take extra time over the next week and truly appreciate all the things you have to be thankful for in your life. Maybe things aren't going your way lately and you feel you don't have a lot to be thankful for. Just be thankful for everything you have.

Remember..there is always someone worse off than you and there always will be. What are you thankful for this year?

Now I better start my packing, I have the Breaking Dawn part 2 midnight premiere to get ready for!



xoxo Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel! I love to hear from you so don't be afraid to give me an ear full, thanks for stopping by!